Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Portal Wisconsin

Upon logging onto this website, I immediately clicked to photography. I was drawn to several different photographs that highlighted nature and the different aspects of it. I found these beautiful photographs that use nature and nothing else. These are the types of photographs that I could see myself taking, things that inspire me. I like the idea of using what is already beautiful and already available to me in order to capture my photographs. These photos in particular caught my attention.

Jodi Anderson
medium: photography
North Shore Winter
Photography
Digital/computer
Year created: 2008
Dimensions: 9 x 6 inches

In the first photograph, I was specifically drawn to the texture that the snow creates on the trees. All white, but still with dimension. The contrast of the pure snow with the dark wood is also very appealing. The direction of the road leads you to wonder what is at the end.

Jodi Anderson
medium: photography
Umbrella
Photography
Color
Year created: 2008
Dimensions: 9 x 6 inches

In the second photograph, the compositional technique of rule of thirds is being utilized, which is my favorite. To be honest, I don't really understand what is going on in the photo, but like in the first one, the contrasting of textures is amazing. The soft horizontal waves of the water along with the rough vertical wood makes it so that I don't want to look away.

Michael Crowley
medium: photography
Be My Valentine - Albino Whitetail Deer
Photography
Digital/computer
Year created: 2008
Dimensions: Variable

The third photograph is an example of animal photography. I absolutely adore animal photography and the way in which you can zoom in on the animals and see details and emotions that you wouldn't necessarily see or remember without having done so. One of my particular favorite photographers happens to be Alan Maltz. He does beautiful, amazing animal portraits that absolutely take my breath away. (Example) This particular photograph from Portal Wisconsin caught my eye from the expressions and the eyes of the deer. Like I said, animal photography can create emotions within the animals themselves.

Michael Crowley
medium: photography
Canoe Country - Manitowish River
Photography
Digital/computer
Year created: 2010
Dimensions: Variable

I think it's fairly obvious, but this fourth and final photograph is absolutely gorgeous. The saturated colors add life and beauty to the photograph. Your focus is not only on the two subjects in the canoe, but on all of Mother Nature's beauty surrounding them. The green foliage contrasted with the tiny pops of vibrant red here and there make for a beautiful color palette that adds to the photo. The interesting cloud formations and beautiful, bright blue sky don't hurt either.

No comments:

Post a Comment