Monday, October 22, 2012

MIAD: On My Own


I absolutely love street art. I think it is amazingly courageous to put your work out there for everyone to see and openly criticize. It's also extremely difficult to attempt to decipher what the anonymous artist is trying to say - their message, so to speak. For example, this particular piece of art was slapped onto a random billboard on the streets of Milwaukee, and I have absolutely no idea what it's supposed to mean. However, whenever I look at this, it just puts the biggest smile on my face. I love cats - because, honestly, who doesn't? - and as simply as this seemingly is, there's something about it that intrigues me. Like I said in my previous post, simplicity is kind of what I look for in terms of inspiration. And street art, from a graphic arts point of view is very cool to me.


I feel like the detailing and intricacy of this statue is absolutely beautiful. Again, as I said in my previous post, I love artists that pay extra attention to detail in order to make sure their art is as realistic as possible. The beading and facial features are especially impressive in terms of detail work, along with the rest of the clothing. I love the rustic gold texture overall, as well. As a whole, this statue intrigued me based on its overall complexity and contouring in terms of 3D sculpture.


This photo makes me smile as well as I know exactly what was going on during the time that it was taken, and exactly how happy Kate really was. ;) Anyways, I think this photograph actually turned out better than expected. I love the way the natural lighting hits her face and accentuates her facial expression. I also like the shadowing behind her against the texture of the brick wall. The slight diagonal that the lines of the brick wall creates a interesting contrast to the vertical orientation of the photo as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment